Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Losing Patience

The Lord once said patience is a virtue. I agree with the Lord. That said, I am getting angry at Patches for not having these effing kittens. Perhaps she knows of my plans to make them into STARS!!!

On a related note, my grandmother recently told me panthers live in the United States. Who knew!!! Now you know... don't assume you're safe from panthers. They could be anywhere. Right behind you.

Okay let's play an interactive game because I know so many of you PCVs are out there lurking. This is a game I play with myself called: Irrational Fears. Leave your answer in the comment section:

Scenario
: You are in an airplane traveling at approximately 25K feet over the northern Atlantic Ocean. The plane hits turbulence and breaks apart! You survive the breakup of the plane and are now free-falling 25K feet to the ocean.

QUESTION ONE: What do you do?
Follow up Scenario: Good job, you survived the plummet. NOW. What do you do if you fall 25K feet from an airplane into the ocean and DIRECTLY INTO THE MOUTH of a sperm whale? What is your strategy?

Personally, I'm confident in my chances in these scenarios. I have extensive notes. What would YOU do? GO.

2 comments:

  1. I would stay inside the whale a few days, living on what dead fish and plankton came my way. Eventually, I would get spat up on land, and take part in a multichapter series about a powerful man who lives in the sky who watches all of us who, somehow, took part in saving me from certain death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughtful answer, Vince! First place.

    ReplyDelete