Wednesday, April 21, 2010

And Little Starbuck Goes to the Great Battlestar in the Sky....

Yes, my precious Little Starbuck died last night. Sigh. I have been worried about him for a few days because he wasn't eating nearly as much as Boomer. Boomer was about twice as big as Starbuck, and Starbuck didn't make much noise. Anyway, this morning I came in to check on them and Starbuck was in the box, dead. I took him out and put him on a paper towel on the table. His white fur was yellow from being licked, so Patches hadn't rejected him. I think he just never really got into the groove of living. Starbuck was the one I scooped off the floor when Patches had him and I rubbed him with a towel. He got off to a rough start.

I had put the other two dead kittens in the trash, but I felt even worse doing that to Starbuck. So I asked my landlord if I could bury him in the backyard and they said yes.

Boomer may end up joining the Ray-Patches household, who knows. If my mom comes to visit in August, maybe she could take him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment