Saturday, April 10, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different (But Equally Pathetic)

I am blogging about this only because I want it to be documented somewhere so future generations can behold how absolutely little it took in this period of my life to delight me.

Every morning (and most afternoons), I make a pot of tea. Not a teapot of tea, but an actual pot of tea because I don't have a teapot. My method has evolved over the past year and a half, but several months ago I realized I preferred to mix my sugar into the pot of tea as a whole rather than each individual cup. I KNOW!!!!!111!!!1 KRaaAAAzzzzZZZyyyYY timeeezzzz!!!

The problem with this approach is multi-fold. But the biggest fold is that sugar here comes in plastic bags the width of absolutely nothing. For my birthday, my dad sent me several ziplock bags (....example #1 of how very little it takes to delight me), so I have-- since July-- been putting the sugar from the thin plastic bags into the thicker and sturdier ziplock bags.

But, inevitably, disaster strikes and I burn a hole into the ziplock back and my sugar explodes all over the kitchen. Which delights no one but the ants.

TODAY THOUGH, change was in the air!!!!

After burning a hole in my bag, I had had enough. But what else can I put my sugar in!? Then it hit me. A JAR! You might be thinking "duh" and, to you, I say: "shut up." To me this was a glorious revelation. I dumped my sugar into a little glass jar and twisted the cap on.

I'm so sad to announce that words cannot describe how giddy I was ten minutes ago making my tea and spooning sugar out of a JAR and not a BAG. I can't wait until tomorrow morning to do it again!!!!

Alright, it's time to go watch the spider families in the bathroom build their webs.

No comments:

Post a Comment