Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fly Away, Boomer

Well, Friday was the day that the Patches-Ray household became a one cat-one person household. Boomer has gone on to his forever home. Part of me is very sad to see him go, but I'm also delighted that he's going to someone who will love him just as much as I did.

I decided to make a picture and video montage in remembrance of the good times we have had over the past 4.5 months, which required a disturbing revisiting of all the videos I've made for this blog. What you don't know is that there are actually a fairly large number of unaired episodes or unaired footage that was deemed by me to be too humiliating to air. FOR INSTANCE. The 6.5 minute video of Boomer laying on my lap, me tickling his belly and whispering "belly tickles belly tickles belly tickles!"Siiiiiiiiigh.

Patches and I will resume our regular postings of adventures, just so long as my computer does not explode. Which, unfortunately, I can't guarantee. The Balkans have not been kind to Mac Book who now makes sounds as if it is trying to take flight. Only 76 more days Mac Book.... then you shall rest forever.

Also fun fact: did you know that male kittens become fertile somewhere between 4-6 months and that they can impregnate their mother? Yeah. Stew on that for a while.


2 comments:

  1. that was beautiful, NATH. just beautiful.
    PS this takes me back to talent shows when christina curry/montecalvo would almost definitely always play that song and someone would sing. right!? once pearl sang..? right!?!

    ReplyDelete